Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another REALLY quick NOTD: Color Club Front Row Diva

(*yawn) I stayed up waaaaay too late last night.  I pretty much missed most of the hockey game this morning  :(  Boooooo.  Oh well.

I rolled out of bed (well, okay, sat up in bed and grabbed my laptop :p) about half an hour ago, and I need to leave soon to get my free makeover  :)  :)  So I wanted something understated and professional-looking on my nails.  Why?  I don't know.  Because I put waaay too much thought into what nail polish to wear.  Anyway, I was going to go with one of my new colours, like the OPI Bubble Bath that's so famous, or Significant Other Color.  Then I wanted something grey-toned, like China Glaze Recycle.  But then I wanted something sort of pretty but not pink, so I decided to try this out:
Color Club Front Row Diva, from the Catwalk Queen collection.  A pearl grey with a subtle shimmer.  This is definitely a "pearl" frost - it's not creme, and its shimmer is very very soft.  Someone else said somewhere its a "true pearl" finish, and looking at my nails I couldn't agree more.  Two coats got it to opacity, but for some reason I got tiny bubbles on my left index finger that just wouldn't go away no matter how many times I redid it.  Hmmph.  Annoying  :p

Anyway, this strikes me as a very "professional", office-appropriate colour.  It's very understated - compare it to the Claire's neon mint green I was wearing yesterday!  I don't know - honestly this colour bores me a little.  If I worked somewhere where I would have to worry about my polish being office-approppriate, I would probably be excited by this colour.  But I work in the film and television industry, so what do I know  :p  It's a very pretty soft pearl grey, and I don't own anything else like it, but I probably won't reach for it again unless I want to look professional with a touch of girly.

Yay - free makeover time!  I'll let you know how it goes.  I'm so horrible at choosing makeup and deciding which colours work on me and which don't.  Having someone do it for me will be sweet  :)  I wonder if my boyfriend will even notice...  :p  I'll try to post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment