Thursday, April 28, 2011

OWWWP: Color Club Ultra-Astral

(Why is Lacey Chabert so orange in this pic, anyway?)

Super-quick Pink Wednesday post.  Two posts in one day, after disappearing for a week or two.  Yep, that's how I roll. 

I present to you Color Club Ultra-Astral, from the Starry Temptress collection.
This is part of a collection of neons with glitter in them, which as you might guess is right up my alley.  This dries fairly matte as with all neons, but applied pretty well.  Somewhat sheer - you do need three coats to avoid VNL.  The glitter effect overall is nice, although somewhat muted.  But have no fear - Color Club thoughtfully provides you with a glitter topcoat in this set that you can slap on top of these if the glitter payoff from the polish alone isn't enough for you, like it wasn't for me:
Oh baby.  That's what I'm talkin about :)  This is after applying the Starry Temptress Topcoat that's included in the set.  It eliminates the yucky matte effect, and adds even more sparkle to the somewhat dull glitter.  You still need topcoat to get the maximum effect out of these, but I do think they look better with the topcoat than without. 

Overall, I love this polish, I love hot pink, and I love how Color Club always finds a way to make their neon collections a little different :)

Til later :)

*EDIT: I just noticed this - two pinks with glitter in a row.  Yeesh.  I'll try to switch it up a bit next week  :S

*EDIT#2: Go Canucks Go :)  Nashville, you goin down.

No comments:

Post a Comment