Wednesday, January 26, 2011

NOTD: Revlon Perplex

Hello and good afternoon :)  This is my NOTD, Revlon Perplex.  I would trumpet my wearing of this awesome and coveted polish more, but I don't want to hurt or offend my fellow Canadians who are unable to purchase this.  This is the celebrated dupe of Chanel's Paradoxal.  Obviously, I was forced to swap for this, as - did I mention this? - this is NOT available in Canada, for some unfathomable reason.  Do I sound bitter?  Hmm, why would that be?  Seriously, though, I just don't see why they couldn't sell this in Canada.  I mean, how to they decide these things?

Anyway, please excuse the laughable mile of gap I left between the polish and my cuticle :S  I've been making a pathetic attempt to shape my nails square (which for some reason, my nails just do not want to do - they refuse to deviate from their natural oval shape even just a bit), and in an even more pathetic attempt to highlight that, I tried to square out the cuticle line... yeah, I went a bit overboard.  It looks silly, I know.  Just ignore it :p

So here's Revlon Perplex:

My previous favorite dark mushroomy colour like this was OPI's You Don't Know Jacques, and this would completely replace it as my favorite mushroomy of all time, were it not for one thing:
Check out my middle finger!  It goes through an entire day of wear just fine, then I go to sleep and wake up and I have these stupid creasey thingies on my nails :(  GRRRRevlon!  Revlon is always, always, ALWAYS such a fail on me!  Remember this post I wrote back in the dark days of my blog, when my photos were beyond crappy (even more so than now, if you can imagine that) and no one read it? (Of course you don't, cuz... no one read it.  Derr.)  I said I was never buying Revlon again.  The Top Speeds are okay, I think, although I've never really worn any of those beyond swatching them on one nail (hmm... maybe my next project? swatching all the Top Speeds?), but this is just a normal Revlon, thus the suckage.  The colour really is fabulous though.
It's the purple shimmer.  I'm in love with the purple shimmer. It's just so visible!  It's like YDKJ with an extra layer of gorgeousness added!  I definitely will wear this again, when I want a nice neutral with a bit of added dimension (like an Essie Demure Vixen).  I'll have to try it with a coat of Gelous under my Seche Vite, instead of with SV alone.  The creases aren't visible IRL, but it's enough to bother me.

Anyway, that's all for now.  If TD will ever put up those darn China Glaze Crackle Glaze polishes, I'll have another haul to post about :p  Also, waiting on my FB Zoyas still and Ebay Nubars.  Anyone else still waiting on their Zoyas?

1 comment:

  1. Today I have tagged you on my blog with the Blog with Subtance Award :)

    ReplyDelete