Monday, January 31, 2011

NOTD: Nubar Night Sparkle and A Rambling Lament

So one of my ebay Nubar orders came in :)  Yay!

L-R: Indigo Illusion, Love Rainbow (not nearly as holo as I thought), Wildlife, Moon Shadow, Night Sparkle, Reclaim.
I've been ordering stuff like a mad woman lately.  I guess that's what happens when you haven't bought anything for yourself since November and you make a crapload more money than you usually make all in one go...  I think I'm done for now, though.  Seriously, this is what I've got lately: I made a TD order with a fellow Vancouver pal from the nailboard, I finalized a swap for some lemmings I can't get in Canada (WnW Party Of Five Glitter, Essie Dive Bar and Jesse's Girl Confetti), and I grabbed the Zoya Intimate set tonight from evilbay for $38 inlcuding shipping (I know right? Good job me! :D) - and that was just tonight! :O  I've also nabbed China Glaze Kaleidoscope Him Out off the bay of evil for a half decent price too ($9 - the cheapest I've seen it on ebay for over a year.. and I think it only fetched such a low price cuz the seller couldn't spell "kaleidoscope" and couldn't take a non-blurry pic :p)  I'm rather happy about that one though - this was one of my first and biggest China Glaze lemmings when I started to get back into np again, around December of 2009... man, I should have just ordered both Kaleidoscope sets (both warm and cool!) off Ebay then - I remember they were going for around $37-$38 each at that time... I mainly just wanted KHO at the time too, and was just going to get the others as an afterthought :)  Man, I can't wait to finally get KHO now :)  Also, I've been eyeing Clairins 230... I haven't bid yet, but I'm thinking about caving and getting Teh Unicorn Pee if I can gets it for under $75 or so...  I'm still undecided though - that is an awful lot for one polish, even if it is like getting five polishes in one... I've wanted it for so long, but I think I'd feel foolish.  But who cares, I want it!  Gaaaah - yeah, undecided.

Holy crap, ramble on forever, lady!  What am I, my boyfriend's mother?

Nubar Night Sparkle:

I don't know why I chose to wear this out of all the new Nubars I got.  It called to me.  Night sky polishes- what can I say?  Easily my favorite one out of this Nubars Sparkles collection - I have a bit of an obsession with night sky polishes. 
Did I mention to you guys there's a Chanel Ciel De Nuit on Ebay right now for $129?  Buy It Now :)

Why am I bringing this up now, you ask? It's simple.  Nubar Night Sparkle makes me drool - this is obvious, but I thought it important for you to know why it makes me drool.
Now, you guys know Ciel De Nuit is my biggest, hugest, Forever Number One Lemming.


It's the Polish that started my Entire Love Of Polishes... back in 1995 (or was it '96?)  It was the winner of a contest put on by Chanel and Seventeen magazine, a reader-designed polish... I fell in love, and bought Maybelline Twinkle Twinkle because of it (which I still own), and then some Wet N Wild black, purple and green... and then some Claire's and Afterthoughts polishes... and then Street Wears.... fifteen years later, here I am....

To this day, despite all the dupes and look-alikes and Essie Starry Starry Nights in the world, this polish still makes me glowy-eyed like no other.  I still want it exactly just as much as I did the day I saw it in the pages of Seventeen magazine.  And that's why, to this day, I've bought every single polish that looks even remotely like it or even vaguely resembles any aspect of it ever since :p
Should I buy the polish on ebay, you guys? :p  :p  Anyone wanna buy it for me?

Okay, I know this post is stupid and whiny, since I'm heartbroken over the price of the Ciel De Nuit on Ebay that I'll never own, but can I talk serious for one second here? I really love Nubar Night Sparkle.  It is the prettiest one I own out of the Nubar Sparkles so far - the other two being Meadow Sparkle and Sky Sparkle, and much less impressive.  The purple ones look okay, but I love blues and they can't be anything compared to this.  This kind of reminds me of Finger Paints Easel-y Entertained, but less purple, and Nicole Such A Go-Glitter... but I don't have that on hand to compare.  Either way, none of these were easy for me to get, but they were all worth it - dark blue glitter in a black base is one of my favorite polish colours ever :)

PS: I realize how obnoxious this post is for how bad these pics are.  And I apologize.  Better ones to come :S

1 comment: