Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Quick NOTD - China Glaze Lubu Heels and Color Club Power Play

Quickly wanted to throw this out there... this is what I wore on my nails Monday when I helped my sis move:

China Glaze in Lubu Heels.  I know the idea of this was to do this on the top and then Ruby Pumps on the underside of your fingernail, so your nails look like Louboutins, but who the hell paints the underside of their nail?  And unless you have Cruella nails, it's pretty much impossible (and y'all know how I feel about super-long nails - great for polish bloggers, bad for life.)  No, I think I'll rock this jelly black with red glitter all on its own  :)  Wear is pretty decent - the end of one nail chipped off after washing some dishes, but that's cuz I didn't use a top coat and my nails are probably in less-than-perfect condition.  This is definitely a winter shade, IMO.

This is what's currently on my toes.  I can't believe I'm posting this - feet are so gross.  Please no perverted comments.

Color Club Power Play.  Another neon purple that comes out matte.  I have four of them now - this, China Glaze Flying Dragon, Sinful Colors Dream On, and a Sally Girl Mini with no name on the bottle (cheap bastards).  I'll swatch them all and compare one day.  This is pretty opaque and matte - not as bad as Flying Dragon, but not glossy.  I just don't care as much cuz its on my toes, and I'm going more for bright colour than finish.  I'll change it soon.  I had CG Shocking Pink on my toes for about 2 weeks, and I loved it every time I looked at it. 

And this was my mani yesterday:

China Glaze in 2NITE.  Denim blue holo.  I mean, wow.  Tons of rainbow holographic sparkle, that shows up even in low indoor lighting.  This might be my favorite from the China Glaze OMG collection.  OMG itself is nice, and I own that, this, L8R G8R, GR8, and TMI  ( I passed on the purple holo cuz I'm getting purple-d out and I own enough already and the pink, TTYL, because I still own a Sally Hansen Nail Prism that looks identical, and the teal one - DV8?  What does that mean anyway? - cuz it just didn't really impress me.)  These CG holos are actually the reason I went back to Secret the other day - to pick up the rest of the collection, especially for later Konad use when I finally get around to ordering a set.  I heard these are great for Konad. 

God I always end up posting way more than I intend to.  Especially for something no one reads.  I need a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment