Sunday, January 23, 2011

CRACK

Hello.  I know, one post every two weeks is ballz.  I fail for life :( 

Also, do you guys think I should change my blog design?  I just kind of went with the default back when I set this thing up, aside from my banner, and never really gave it another thought...  I'm so challenged when it comes to this stuff though, sadly.  Like, I would love to put a picture of my own up as my banner, but I have no idea how... maybe Blogger makes it easy for you?  I haven't actually checked :p  Wow, I sound like a complete idiot... why am I writing this here anyway....?

Oh, oh, oh - guess what I got???

Yay!  The OPI Katy Perry collection!  L-R: Black Shatter, Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night, Not Like the Movies, and The One That Got Away.  I was despairing at first, cuz these were all sold out on Transdesign, but then I found them at a local salon!  The first salon I went to had a full display, so I bought two Black Shatters, but then as I was shopping throughout the day I noticed more and more displays with empty slots.  By the end of the day, every KP display I passed had empty BS slots, and I noticed Teenage Dream was disappearing fast, too.  So I had a minor freak-out and then proceeded to motor my way around the huge mall I was in looking for TD, Not Like the Movies and Last Friday Night.  Not only did I find one, I found a salon that had a Buy 3 Get 1 Free deal - and they let me use it on the KPs! :) So I got The One That Got Away as well - wasn't really lemming it, but I figured why not.  I don't want the name to become annoyingly ironic.

Anyway, as you can guess, I'm obsessed with Black Shatter and have been putting it overtop of everything lately.  Here's a couple of my BS manis (heh) - I haven't photographed them all because we just plain haz no sun right now, not to mention it's freakin cold outside, but I did get pics of a few:

This is the first mani I did with BS - I wanted maximum impact, so I skittled neons.  Base, thumb to pinky: Color Club Psychedelic Scene, Misa A Sunny Smile Makes Me Go Wild, Color Club Limelight, Misa Lather Rinse Repeat, Color Club Bizerk Turq.

I actually like how my right hand turned out a lot better, for once.  The base polishes are all the same as above, except I swapped out Psychedelic Scene for Illamasqua Jo'mina on my index finger.  People were pretty amazed by this - I got lots of compliments from random people :)

The trick to Black Shatter is to apply one coat, as thickly and in as few strokes as you can.  The thinner you apply it, the smaller the cracks will be - I like the wider cracks that one thick coat gives you.  Try not to overlap your brushstrokes.  I don't think I quite have the hang of it yet...

Here it is overtop of Hard Candy Lava, with some SH Hidden Treasure added for extra lava-y-ness (yes, I really just said that).  I didn't really like the way this came out, though - it looks pretty here, but the HT tinted the base and make it look orange, and under the black it just looked Halloweeny to me in most lights.

And finally, what I have on today: Black Crack (I mean Shatter, whatever) overtop of Anna Sui 080.

Let me just talk for a second about Anna Sui 080:

She is absolutely gorgeous.  These are sad, crappy, really horrible indoor photos taken at night inside my house with dim energy-saving light bulbs, so they don't even begin to show how pretty this is.  It's larger holo and iridescent hex glitter with tiny pink glitter sprinkled throughout.  It's fantastic.  It's probably my favorite AS polish that I own.  It's one of my favorite glitter polishes, period (and we know what a glitter hoor I am!)  As soon as I put this on, I decided I needed a backup.  Pretty, pretty things like this always get discontinued   :(

Anyway, I almost didn't want to ruin it with Black Shatter (no one wants to be BS'd over, heh...heh... 'kay, I'll stop), but I did anyway and I like the way it came out:


It still sparkles beneath the cracks, and I really like the way my thumb turned out.

Did manage to get one, sort-of-lit picture.  But yeah, I like it.  I think I'm going to try it over either Color Club Magic Attraction or Blue Light next :)

I have a metric crapload of NOTDs to post, so I'll be doing that next.  I'm waiting on my Zoyas in the mail still (the Order Status still says Shipping, and there's no tracking number yet), and I ordered a bunch of Nubars from evilbay (most of which are duochromes! Squees!) - I can't wait for those! :D  I'm waiting to make a TD order until the China Glaze Crackle Glaze collection comes out (yes, more crack in multiple colours.  You can surmise what I think of those :p), which is making me extremely nervous - they better still have Anchors Away fully stocked by the time that happens!

Anyway, 'tsall for now!  Bye :)

4 comments:

  1. In my blogroll, it says:
    Lately I'm Obsessed with...CRACK. Ahahaha omg, lolled so hard.

    Pretty crack experiments! I like the Anna Sui one best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I cannot wait to get mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! I too like Anna Sui one best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaos Butterfly: LOOOOOOLZ! XD Yeah, totally didn't think that one through! But that is hilarious. And it makes the title even better XD

    Chloe0602: Oh man, I can't wait to see your manis with BS!!!

    Mrsrexy: I loved your neon striped mani so much - I wanna copy it! I feel like the possiblities are endless with this topcoat! (until we all get sick of it, that is! lol)

    ReplyDelete