Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spam. Because I'm Sick and Can't Be Bothered.

Ugh.  Hi everyone.  I'm very sick, and I've been sick for the past few days.  It sucks.  I feel very out-of-it and like I have no energy.  Which sucks cuz I've agreed to do a bunch of CPs for people and I haven't been feeling well enough to get out to the beauty supply place to do so.  :(  Boo.

So since I have no energy or imagination right now, I'm just going to show you some random NsOTD from the past week or two.  I know, I said I wasn't going to do this anymore, but I really don't care right now.  Deal with it  :p  Okay, sorry, that was bitchy.... did I mention I've barely been able to eat?  :(

Alright, forward ho! (heh)

First off, this was my "dare" mani from the MUA nail board.  My dare was "heavy metal".  Yes, I know this isn't the most imaginative interpretation, but I thought it looked "heavy metal".  Kind of.  This was OPI Suzi Skis In The Pyranees Suede, with China Glaze Millenium and 2030 for the chains.  I didn't use a topcoat.  Which is why this was starting to chip already by the time I took this pic  :p

Next, this is the beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous OPI Catch Me In Your Net (cough *Zoya Charla* cough).  I have the Zoya coming to me from the polish exchange, but I'm impatient, so when I saw the OPI Summer Flutter polishes at my beauty supply place I got all four, even though I knew this was a Charla dupe.  This polish is freakin' gorgeous.  Shimmery teal with blue and gold and green reflects.  So sparkly.  So mermaid-y.  Begs to be on your toes.  AAahhh!  But of course I'm never satifsied...

So an FKA it is!  I actually don't think this is that bad of a fail.  I actually kind of liked it.  Even though I smudged it a bit, cuz I suck.

This is OPI Fireflies.  Sorry for these pics - this polish bubbled on me and took a billion coats to show up as much as I'd like, so of course I smudged it.  I really wanted to show you a pic of it though, even though I probably shouldn't even be posting these cuz they're so horrible.  I apologize.  I fail at life.  I'm sorry.  This polish really is pretty, though - a pearly white-gold that flashes a very noticeable green.  The first pic is indoor, the second outdoor.  I found this at a dusty - a rare score for me :)  I never have any luck with dusties, until last week it seems...

This is the gorgeous OPI You Don't Know Jacques.  I think this is my favorite work-appropriate polish ever.  So chic and shiny.  But, you know me...

Yup, more konad.  I don't mind the way this one turned out, either - other than the fact that it's not straight and some parts of the pattern didn't transfer properly...  For me though, it's pretty good!  I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue Blast - I think this is a newer Insta-Dri.  It was in a display with a bunch of newer-looking ones that I'll show you in that haul post I've been meaning to put up...  Anyway, these Insta-Dris work AWESOME for konad - that's pretty much why I picked them up, cuz I can always use some pastels that'll work for konad :)

Next, this is Rescue Beauty Lounge Starfish Patrick - I lucked out and received my first three RBLs in a swap!  :)  I got this, Om and Coral.  Everyone always raves about RBL polishes and how well they apply, but to be honest, after I applied this I didn't see what all the fuss was about.  This was three coats.  Sure, it's nice and all, and I know it's a jelly, but even still, it was a bit too sheer. I dunno.  I thought I was in the mood for a nice shiny squishy peach jelly, but I grew bored with it really quickly.

I tried to jazz it up with two coats of China Glaze Golden Enchantment, and then thought I'd try out my China Glaze Solar Flare.  Well, as you can see, I painted one finger and then almost hurled.  Doesn't it look gross?!  ChG Solar Flare is a tricky polish - I think over the right polish it could be really cool, but wtf was I thinking layering it over this....  Golden Enchantment, on the other hand, was quite pretty - a gold holo glitter.  Fairy Dust's gold, less-dense sister.

And last, but not least, this is my first-ever attempt at a gradient mani.  I used NYX Voodoo as the base colour, then two of the Color Club Japanese glitters as the progressive colours - Sakura Glow in the middle and Firelight on the tips.  I didn't sponge or anything fancy like that (mainly because I have no idea how to do a sponge gradient - I've never looked up how :p), just applied the NYX and then brushed the other two on from the tips down, trying to thin out the colour as I got closer to the cuticle. 

Outdoor shot.  Try to ignore my blurry thumb.  I don't think it turned out that bad at all.  But then once again, of course, my eyes turned to my konad plates...

And this is what I ended up with.  Cute?  Ugly?  I'm undecided.  My boyfriend thought it looked stupid, but we all know how much his opinion counts when it comes to polish :p  I didn't end up wearing this for very long, though, so maybe his opinion affected me more than I thought...

I think it would've looked cuter with smaller flowers, but I couldn't find a plate that had them...  This is very girly, very feminine, and I usually don't do girly, feminine looks.  Maybe that's why my bf thought it looked stupid.  I'd like to do girly nails like this more often, though - it's super-cute and pretty.  It would probably look better if I'd done a sheer gradient using jellies or cremes rather than glitter polishes, but whatever, it was my first attempt.

And that's all I'm going to post for now.  I feel like I sound weird cuz I'm so groggy from meds still, and I don't want to read this later and think what a crackhead I sound like, so I'm gonna cut myself off right now  :p  I do have more to post, though - some swap haul (including the RBLs), a small haul I made downtown last week (including my first Del Sol and American Apparel polishes! yay!) and more swatches.  See you soon!


  1. Sure hope you get to feeling better.
    Really nice manis. Love the 3rd one best. :)

  2. I suggest this site to my friends so it could be useful & informative for them also. Great effort.
    china flowers

  3. Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well.
    Flowers to Poland

  4. Really like this website, this really helps and very useful.
    Flowers - Flower store in UK