Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Some More Swatches, Part 2

Hello.  I'm back.  I said I'd keep posting, and I still have more backlogged NsOTD to show you, so here's the rest of the more recent ones.

These don't really have a theme...

First, this is GOSH Gasoline....

It took a few coats to be opaque - it was quite sheer.  The finish kind of reminds me of a purple version of the new SH HD polishes... very sparkly and with a strong blue flash.

It was pretty on it's own, but I wanted to try out my new Chanel Illusion D'Or:

I thought this combo wasn't bad.  I wanted the blue glitter flakes in the ID'O to pick up more in the polish, and I thought the blue flash would help, but the Chanel glitter is so dense it kind of blocked out the effect.

I should have used Purple Heart under it, in retrospect.... I will try that soon.  And I need to try it over black!

Next, this is some konadery:
This is Fingerpaints Easel Come, Easel Go stamped with SH Insta-Dri Blazing Blue and a BundleMonster plate ( I can't recall which ATM... the one with the diagonal stripes).  ECEG is probably my favorite silver that I own - so shiny and foil-like. 

I quite liked the way this looked.  The BM plates are so narrow, though - I don't even have very wide nails, and I found it quite difficult to get the pattern evenly covering the nail.  Which is why I attempted to freehand some of the edges with the SH polish.  I apologize - I knew it'd probably look horrible in pics, but no one would notice in IRL...

See?  You can't really tell.  I got tons of compliments on this.
Yeah, I liked it.

Anyway, here's a crappy indoor pic of Del Sol Ruby Slippers:
I know, I suck so bad for not getting a pic of it in the sunlight.  This was the day my camera died.  It was so bright and sunny and hot that day, I decided to try this and WOW! These are so awesome! It turned to a deep, glittery fuschia pink in direct sunlight,  in the shade it was a lighter sparkly pink, and indoors here, it was a silvery white glitter.  It was gorgeous!  And I loved watching it change colour if I held my hand out.  I wish I had more of these polishes, but my drugstore has such a limited range of colours (only five!) and they're $11 each!  They have a blue and a deep pink one that sort of catch my eye, but I dunno... I can actually see why these are worth the price, though (unlike, say, $OPI) - they're so so so cool!  Once again, I know I sound like a moron because I didn't get a pic of the coolness... sigh...

These were taken with my BF's camera:
ILLAMASQUA RAMPAGE!!! glaaaaaaaahrrrrrrrr........ (<----- that's the sound of drooling).
Dark forest green jelly.  An opaque jelly, if that's possible.  It goes without saying this is bloody effing spectacular.  I'm so impressed by it.  If all Illamasquas apply like this, I want all Illamasquas.  So perfect, smooth and glossy and easy to build.

This is two coats without topcoat, because I was planning....
... to top it with Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure!!!  :D :D (*even more drool*).
God I love HT!  I plan to use it over every polish I wear until I absolutely can't stand looking at it anymore! :D  Which will be a while.  I'll only post it if it looks cool/unique.
I don't think I've ever seen this particular combo before, and it was suggested to me when I was on the Nail Board bragging about my new pretties, so I took their sage advice :)

Alright, that's it for now :)  I'll be back soon with my haul post.

2 comments:

  1. The rampage with the hidden treasure over it makes me think of dragons. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice mani :)
    i have a giveaway on my blog come on see if you want !!

    ReplyDelete