Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kleancolor City Never Sleeps... And A Small Haul

Okay, real quick, because I'm in the middle of playing Final Fantasy VIII and I have a town to explore (go ahead, judge...) - this is Kleancolor City Never Sleeps, one of the Kleancolors I bought the other day...


Ain't she purty?



I like. I knew I would when I bought it. I've always loved multicolored glitters. You guys know that. I admit I was too scared to wear it on its own, though, so I snuck two coats of LA Colors Morning Glory underneath, which is a deep purple jelly with blue shimmer.



City Never Sleeps is small blue and medium sized copper, gold and fuschia hex glitter in a sheer purple jelly base. I only did two coats of it overtop of Morning Glory, and while I'm pretty confident you could get away with layering this to density, I was afraid to :p having never used it before...

My sister was next to me as I was applying it, and she said, quote:"what smells like burning plastic??" Yay, Kleancolor. But i so don't care. This one is gorgeous and I love it, the last one I wore I loved, and I can't wait to wear the rest of them. And they were so inexpensive!

This has already taken a lot longer than I intended. I mean like, a lot. I was literally just going to put the name of the polish and one photo, and that was it :p. (Yeah right...). But I really want show you some stuff I got the other day... These are gonna be the worst, most horrible crappy photos in the world, you guys...


Color Club Beyond The Mistletoe set! I got these at Winners, not the beauty supply, so they have the cheap caps and no labels. I can't even begin to tell you how much that bugs me... According to the box, this is (l-r): Beyond The Mistletoe, Holiday Splendor, Sugarplum Fairy, Gingerbread, Candy Cane, Jingle Jangle.. and a boring clear topcoat that I left out of the photo.


Color Club Backstage Pass set. L-R: Take The Stage (not to be confused with the more orangey-gold OPI Take The Stage), Wish Upon A Rock Star, Backstage Pass, Platinum Record, It's A Hit!, and Fame And Fortune. This was in a clearance section and two of them are normal and have labels, but I still don't really know why I bought this. Look how much bigger the normal lids look - can you tell which two have labels? I will probably never wear any of them except for Wish Upon A Rock Star..


China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara, Some Like It Haute, and Marry A Millionaire, from the Marilyn Monroe-inspired Eye Candy collection. Love these. Want the red one.


Orly Androgynie and Fowl Play. Although I already own two Merry Midnights, I currently cannot find either of them :(. Again, found these at Winner's for the inflated price of 7 bucks each :-/


Essie Absolutely Shore and Butter SeattleLondon No More Waity, Katie. I feel the same way about NMWK as I do about Kate Middleton - I like it, but I feel I haven't really given it much of a chance yet. And AS I've just wanted and never been able to find elsewhere. I also put in an order for BL Wallis and Black Knight while I was there - "there" being Shifeon, in case anyone cares. If you live in Vancouver and you're a Robson St. regular, you've been here, and, well, you know how convincing their staff can be :p

Okay, that's it. Monsters and junction abilities are calling me. Again, make that face at me all you want, I don't care - I love Final Fantasy :p. I'd be all over a themed polish collection o' THAT :D

Location:A City That Does Sleep

3 comments:

  1. OMG so much awesome!!! And...I have been lemming City Never Sleeps forever! I really need to get it already! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic nail colour! "The city never sleeps" is so bright and fun, definitely want to add it to my collection!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your review on ... Yelp, maybe, about the nail supply store on Kingsway in Vancouver. And you said if anyone knew where to get a good deal, to email you. But I can't figure out how to contact you and clicked on your blog link. As a fellow Vancouverite with a way-too-large nail polish collection, I feel OBLIGATED to tell you about the best deal I've found for OPI ... $5.50. No tax if you pay cash. Look for BC Nail Supply, it's not too far from Secret :)

    ReplyDelete