Saturday, November 20, 2010

Random Spamdom: Orly, OPI Burlesque Glitters, Bourjois and RBL

I might already have a post with that title.  Oh well.

Hello everyone :)  It's the weekend!  How are you all?  As for me, I got sick last night - again.  Not three hours after I wrote that post  :(  Man, it sucked, but now I'm feeling better, albeit once again heavily medicated.  So don't mind me sounding like an idiot again.  I appreciate you guys claiming you're not judging me, btw  :)  It makes me feel slightly better about these idiot posts... or at least like I still have any business  posting at all anymore, lol.

Anyway, I need to catch up on all these NOTD pics I have floating around.... Cuz , see, even though I seem like I'm not posting, I'm still planning on posting....  which involves taking pics usually every day.  I really am.  I swear.  Okay, sometimes I forget.   Most days I don't have time when it's light out, so they're crappy indoor pics...  How do you guys take your NOTD pics indoor?  Do you have an Ott light or any sort of super-bright light that you use?  I can always use photography tips, as you can see  :s

So here we go...
First off, we have RBL Under The Stars.  I got this in a swap during the summer, and while I do like it and think it's pretty, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed by it.  I wish the subtle blue glitter showed up better against the base.  Or I expected it to have more of a shimmer as well, or.... agh, I don't know.  I'm hard to please.  RBLs apply beautifully, and for that reason I liked wearing it, but it's not my favorite night sky polish...

This is Bourjois So Laque! in Bleu Violet.  Okay, I LOVED this - I had heard bad things about these polishes, that they were streaky and thick, yet runny, and a pain in the ass to apply.  So I was kind of peeved that I'd spent $10 on it... but WOW!  SO shiny, so smooth, such a pretty cobalt blue colour.... I was thinking the "Violet" part would show up under different light but it stayed cobalt blue under all lights.  And it wasn't hard to apply at all.  I don't really care for the stubby, rounded little brush though.  And this was really the only colour that stood out to me - the rest were all pinks, reds, nude or black  :p  Boo!  Oh yeah, and the art on my ring finger was for the Cauncks vs. Leafs game I was watching :)  The green is CND Green Scene, I believe, which is a gorgeous, opaque green similar to Essie Pretty Edgy.

Now, a couple more Burlesque glitters for you:

This is OPI Simmer & Shimmer.  Sorry about the chips - I used the aforementioned Guaranteed Flake-Off Combo with this mani - partially on purpose so I wouldn't have to go through any sort of removal process :)  I love this one too.  Not that there's a single Burlesque glitter that I didn't love... but this one's blue.  Blue is mah favorite :)  I got lots of compliments on this polish.  Everyone seemed to love it....

Everyone bows to its beauty :)

And this one is Sparkle-icious, my fave of the glitters, and maybe of the whole collection.  I'm such a sucker for interesting, multi-coloured glitters.  I felt like AA and MAAH and Lippmann's new glitters were made just for me.  And this one is by far the most interesting of the six OPI Burlesque glitters - it's the only one that has a pretty even mix of all three colours, rather than one dominant colour with other accents.  You can see a pretty even mix of fuschia, gold and blue in there.  A lot of people wonder what would be a good base colour for this polish.  Personally, I like it on its own - I used three coats here, and it was more than enough to be opaque.  I suppose you could layer it over a burgundy, a dark fuschia, a blue, a gold, a black, a white...  But I like it on its own :)

This is a gorgeous no-name polish I got at an asian dollar store :)  The band is Winmax New York - anyone ever heard of them?  Didn't think so.  Anway, it's a gorgeous shimmery blurple, or rather its a dark purple base with lots of blue and a tad bit of red microglitter.  Very complex and very pretty.  In the bottle it looked like a dark shimmery purple, but on the nail it turned into a lapiz-lazuli coloured blue shimmer.  Which was fine by me - I prefer blues to purples :)

Side indoor shot.

Outdoor shot.  Ignore the hideous tips I tried to sponge on with Hard Candy Frigid (and my poor pinkie cuticle) - my sponging technique obviously needs some vast improvement.  You can see the true colour here.

And this is the much-more-gorgeous-than-I-expected Orly Glitz & Glamour, from the holiday collection.  This lonely little gold wasn't getting any attention, but I've always had a soft spot for gold polishes, so I thought I'd try it out and see if it deserved any.  A warrm, buttery, caramel-gold foil - I thinks it's so glowy and pretty.  I have no idea how it compares to some other warmer golds that I own - that Milani one, Zoya Goldie, the OPI Burlesque one, Misa Ghetto Fabulous.... and a couple of others.  It looks most similar to the Milani and the OPI, in my opinion, rather than some of the smoother golds because of the tiny glitter flake particles that make up the foil finish... but I'll have to do a nail wheel comparison soon to prove it to myself.

Alright, that's it for now.  My Cherry Culture order came in today :D  so expect a post about that soon!

P.S: I'm having a reeeeeally hard time deciding what to wear on my nails lately  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment